Your freedom, your license and your money are all at stake when you are charged with a DUI. The impact from a DUI conviction can be lasting and very time consuming. DUI law is a specialized form of law. Mounting a strong defense to your DUI case involves strong knowledge of the technicalities of the DUI statutes, case law, evidence and investigative techniques. Managing Attorney DeMone Lee has dealt with all forms of DUI as a former prosecutor and he is extremely familiar with the ins and outs of the practice.
Service Offered in Georgia Only
DUI Per Se v. DUI Less Safe
There are generally two theories that the State can utilize when prosecuting a DUI Case, DUI Per Se and DUI Less Safe.
- DUI Per Se is a DUI case where the State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person was operating or in actual physical control of a vehicle with a BAC of .08 or above or any amount of marijuana or any other controlled substance in the driver’s blood or urine.
- DUI Less Safe is a DUI where the State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person was operating or in actual physical control of a vehicle and while operating that vehicle he or she was under the impairment of alcohol, drugs and/or toxic vapor.
10 Day Rule
After your arrest, in order to prevent your license from immediate suspension, you must request a special hearing within 10 days. This is one of many reasons why you should call us immediately upon being charged with a DUI! Let us take the proper action to preserve your rights and livelihood!
The DUI Litigation Process
*This is an example of the DUI Litigation Process and Your Case May Require a Different Strategy.
We handle various other DUI Related Offenses
• DUI Under 21 Years of Age
• DUI Commercial Motor Vehicle
• Serious Injury by Motor Vehicle Based Upon DUI
• Vehicular Homicide
• Endangering a Child by Operating a Vehicle while DUI
• Any other DUI related offenses
We offer reasonable payment plans and accept all major forms of credit cards. We will work with you. Do not let your financial situation keep you from getting the DUI defense that you deserve.